On 9/6/05, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > local function foo(bar, baz)
> > -- whatever
> > end
> >
> > how can i determine the number of parameters this function needs?
>
> luac -l prints that number (and it's a byte in the string produced by
> string.dump, though unfortunately not at a fixed offset). But why do you
> need it?
> --lhf

i'm thinking of a way to automatically export a function
a la xml-rpc. Rici pointed me to some very interesting
yet still way-over-my-head-can-comprehend spots.

looks like there's no straightforward way to do this.
will still have to experiment a bit and see what's
comfortable if ever i get the unkown barriers out of the way.
--
salud,
eyan

http://www.eyan.org