Hi,

Stukov wrote:
> My program use a lot of modules , and has hundreds
> global variables declared with tolua ( not fast thing too ).

Maybe it's a good idea to make the dependencies between
your modules explicit by letting them 'require' each other.
If you do it the following way you get a local/upvalue that
lives on even after using module():

  local A = require "A"
  local B = require "B"

  module(...)

  function f3()
    A.f1()
    B.f2()
  end

As far as tolua is concerned ... I've not used it, but can't
you collect related C functions into tables (aka modules)?

Something like this:

  local mywindowlib = require "mywindowlib"

  module(...)

  mywindowlib.MsgBox(str)

Or if you use some functions very often, you could even do:

  local mywindowlib = require "mywindowlib"
  local MsgBox = mywindowlib.MsgBox

  module(...)

  MsgBox(str)

Bye,