Vague bells are telling me that it's related to passing varargs where one the the arguments is nil - it might require the old varargs support to be enabled - I'll have a better look later.

Keep in mind that the construction

    { <expression> }

does not set the n field and does not use table.setn. This means that table.getn might return an unexpected value if the expression contained nil fields...

The implicit arg variable in vargarg functions in 5.0.2 did define the correct size of the vararg table.

--
Wim