Jose Marin wrote:
Well, I think that the subject tells my question!
If it's a numerical indexed table, I can use
table.getn, but if the table is indexed by names, how
to get it's size?

Ooh!

This is reminding me of a bug with Lua 5.1w6 that I probably should have reported.

It was something related to table.foreach or similar not working properly with the new table.getn code because it counted the number of items in the table incorrectly.

I may try and remember/find out what it was if I get time.

--
Lisa
http://www.thecommune.org.uk/~lisa/