Hi,

At http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/ in 'Comparing' web page toward the end
the following line:

[ IUP is in C, is small and powerful. We have a small but very active team and
we have the support of the Tecgraf applications. Our objective is always to try
to suppress the Tecgraf needs, keeping backward compatibility and improving the

   ^^^^^^^^
internal code.]

should perhaps be 'surpass' instead of 'suppress'.

Ok. With that out of the way on to the questions.

1) It is not clear reading the documentation whether new developers should
choose LED or Lua for the GUI description. Is there a bias one way or the
other. Will LED remain alive for as long as IUP is? Or are there any plans to
drop it going forward?

2) For VC6 iuplua5 project the source files are marked as being generated
automatically. What program is generating these files? Not toLua I hope.

Ok. Now for some thoughts.

1) I have come full circle in wanting a lean and mean GUI kit for Lua that
presents an interface for program construction the 'Lua Way'. Looking at IUP I
am fairly convinced that it is that GUI kit.

2) I was also in search of a GUI kit that is free of bias towards any
particular scripting language - more precisely something that is independent of
a scripting language. For instance Tk is widely used as a GUI kit for many
languages including Lua. But using Tk pulls in Tcl which is an oddity and a
minor annoyance. In other words I want Tcl-free-Tk; I think IUP with LED fits
the bill nicely.

3) Considering IUP's license, design philosophy and foot print, I think IUP
deserves a greater mindshare in the Lua community. I am going to stop looking
for the holy grail of GUI binding to go with Lua and instead focuse on using
IUP and if/whenever possible contribute to its success.

4) Someday I wish IUP becomes a Tcl-free-Tk option for all other scripting
languages that currently bind to to Tk[implicitly Tcl].

Vijay Aswadhati