On Aug 14, 2005, at 17:45, Klaus Ripke wrote:

local someMovies = aStudio.movies
much less clear.
what do we get - a table, even for millions of movies?
an iterator ("cursor"), possibly keeping a read lock on
the table for some indeterminate time?
a subquery, allowing for further selection?

You could get a fault. The fault could be a place holder that known how to resolve the relationship.

local someMovies = aStudio.movies -- returns the fault

-- when accessed, the fault resolve the query and let you itinerate over the result set for anIndex, aValue in ipairs( someMovies ) then
end

-- magically issue a select count( * ) if necessary
local aCount = table.getn( someMovies )

Etc...

Anyway, I'd plea to forget the information_schema and instead
configure the wrapper in Lua, which will actually be much more
portable.

Care to elaborate on what such "Lua wrapper" would do?

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/