> > Actually, the license does not give anyone the right to use the name Lua :)
>
> Unless a trademark is being claimed on the name (as you seem to be implying),
> everyone has the right to use the name by default.  I've never seen any (tm)
> or (r) on the name Lua, or its logos, so I don't believe a trademark is being
> asserted.

I think Roberto's point is that the Lua license is about the software,
not about the name (which is not registered in any way, being a common
Portuguese word) or the logo (which *is* copyrighted). If we wanted to
make any claims on the name, a trademark would be needed and so would
be the object of a separated legal text (I'm not sure licence applies
for a name). --lhf