On Aug 6, 2005, at 22:11:34, Boyko Bantchev wrote:
In fact, all these could be attributed to CLU -- especially
since CLU is indeed mentioned and is created earlier than
Modula and C++.  So I was curious why the authors chose not
to do so.

Well, I guess the author chose to provide a truthful history of the language's influences, not the most compact one. Yes, they *could* be attributed to CLU, but the author apparently didn't get the idea to add those features until seeing Modula and C++. What point would there be in lying about such a trifle?

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de