Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will take a look at both packages you mentioned.

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Marrin" <chris@marrin.com>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: Lua -> Windows GUI API available?

Michael Newberry wrote:
We would like to create and interact with Windows objects (frames, dialogs, etc.) from Lua which is imbedded in a Windows MFC app. Is there an API available to do this?

I have searched around and not found anything. But unless my memory is mistaken, I do recall seeing occasional references to such an API in messages in this group in the past.

We are using wxLua. It is a wrapper around the great wxWidgets library. It has the additional feature that it is cross platform. It's only disadvantage is that it is pretty big. If you link with all the features of wxWidgets, you will add around 3.5MB. But this gives you access to ALL the widgets and wxLua allows you to trim down the set used by simply editing a config file.

It is working really well for us...

--
chris marrin              ,""$, "As a general rule,don't solve puzzles
chris@marrin.com        b`    $  that open portals to Hell" ,,.