On 3-Aug-05, at 8:32 AM, Mike Pall wrote:

However, it is *just* possible that singlestep calls
propagatemark on the stack (at line 569) and then luaC_step decides to
return before singlestep is called again. Just at that moment, a new
object could be put on the stack, and would not be marked.

Well, only changing this one does not help. The assertion still
triggers.

That's a little disturbing, because it seems to imply that something on the stack might not get marked (in this case, the closure in the local 'capture'). I'm sure there are subtleties that I'm not seeing, though.