> On Tuesday 02 August 2005 3:48 pm, Vijay Aswadhati wrote:
> > Got Kepler, installed it, ran Xavante and it just works - very nice job
> > with the installation and packaging. Couple of odd things I noticed are:
>
> really odd.
>
> i always run Xavante on non-80 ports, precisely because i also run Apache.
> if i don't change it, the OS (Linux 2.6.11, Gentoo) complains and it doesn't
> work

That would be the right thing to do. I am trying Kepler on WinXP with XP's
firewall turned off.

> verify that your problems are on the server side and not the client, ar maybe
> the OS (is there any firewall?)

There is a firewall at ingress. But Xavante, Apache and Firefox are all running
on my Notebook inside the intranet. So I am not convinced that this is a
firewall problem. Further, I have other services that are running on other
ports which I can access without any problems.

Vijay Aswadhati