Hi,

To send an HTML message, all you have to do is send a "content-type"
header as "text/html". To send an HTML message that also has a plain
text version, you will have to work a little. These are
"multipart/alternative" instead of "multipart/mixed". Right now, the easiest
way to do it is to create a filter that replaces the first occurence of "multipart/mixed" to "multipart/alternative" and chain it with the
source returned by smtp.message before passing the result to smtp.send.
I will think of a better way to do this before I release the final
version of LuaSocket.

I ran your test here. Worked fine.

[]s,
Diego.