On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 09:02:38AM +0300, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> As to version numbers, 5.1 is way better.  Lua should (and has)
> stabilized itself, and the major version changes have really been
> _major_ version changes in the past. I hope it stays that way;
> stability is now the thing required to push Lua further to new users.
hmm ... strictly speaking _major_ vs. _minor_ is not a matter
of the number of changes nor of the impact in percentage of
code that would require adjustments (both lua and C code).

For a true minor, one would expect this percentage to be 0:
lua 5.x to run any valid lua 5.y script for x >= y.
As this does not hold for the proposed 5.1
(at least when it comes to [[nesting]]),
one could argue that it qualifies as major version.

salud