Very, very nice indeed to have O'Reilly publish it. That's a merit by itself me thinks.

As to version numbers, 5.1 is way better. Lua should (and has) stabilized itself, and the major version changes have really been _major_ version changes in the past. I hope it stays that way; stability is now the thing required to push Lua further to new users.

:)  -ak