Adam D. Moss wrote:

Chris Marrin wrote:

My group is using Lua in a 3D graphics application. We recently did tests where we could perform operations on a 3D mesh of 120x120 points (14,000 points) at 60 Hz. We had previously done the same thing in Javascript and could barely do 150 points at that rate. That's 2 orders of magnitude better!

For us the issue is not whether or not Lua is faster or slower than Java.

I couldn't let this just pass, though: JavaScript is by no
means related to Java, short of the former being very vaguely
'inspired' by the latter at one point in marketing history.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. I am not someone who has a hot button for that tragic naming mistake, but I am sensitive to those who do. I was really just comparing Lua to Javascript!

--
chris marrin
"As a general rule,don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell"'