Chris Marrin wrote:
My group is using Lua in a 3D graphics application. We recently did tests where we could perform operations on a 3D mesh of 120x120 points (14,000 points) at 60 Hz. We had previously done the same thing in Javascript and could barely do 150 points at that rate. That's 2 orders of magnitude better!

For us the issue is not whether or not Lua is faster or slower than Java.

I couldn't let this just pass, though: JavaScript is by no
means related to Java, short of the former being very vaguely
'inspired' by the latter at one point in marketing history.

Cheers,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   -   adam@gimp.org