David Burgess wrote:

Why not use lua_pushvalue() ?
I won't have it on the stack at the time. It is for some bound lua/c data which is sometimes referenced from the lua side and sometimes the c side. When starting off on the c side I need to index a global table for more associated lua relevent data. At the moment I'm using a unique number as the key but I'd like to be able to use a userdata as the key since that's already available on both the c and the lua side. But although I have the address of the userdata to hand I can't push it on to the stack as an actual userdata reference.

--

Kriss

http://XIXs.com -><- http://www.WetGenes.com