on 2005-07-25, David Olofson write:
>On Monday 25 July 2005 04.40, ouli wrote:
>>
>>     I've read things like "Lua is faster than Java ".
>
>I believe it is, if you compare under fair circumstances; ie similar
>implementations or similar hardware. The Lua VM is more effective by
>design.

    I believe it,too, since I use lua in our project on 2003. But I had a little beaten yesterday, when somebody show me the Benchmarks on shootout.alioth.debian.org . I just can not believe Java is 3X faster then lua! Then we search other Benchmarks. Oh, I am depressed, the result is the same: Java's ranks is higher than lua's. I be certain of that there is something wrong with the Benchmarks. But I can not persuade the guy who show me the Benchmarks. Of course, he is a java fan.

>>     How can i improve performance with lua?
>
>Implement a JIT for the platform(s) you're interested in...? :-)
>
>A Lua-to-C compiler, along with a good optimizing C compiler, would
>probably be an easier way, though it may not be viable depending on
>your application.

     Wow, It is a beautiful idea, though it can really not be viable depending on our project. Thanx a lots. :-) . I think I will rewrite the common functions with C, or do other optimizes first.