> If require "foo.bar" fails, we would try loading "foo.meta" and then
> retry "foo.bar", and then "meta" and retry "foo.bar". (I.e., we look for
> meta packages backward in the chain, until we find one tha satisfies our
> dependency).

A simpler idea is to follow E.T.  Before loading any module "a.b"
we always *try* to load "a.meta" (or a.core or any fixed name like
that). Then we load "a.b". It is simpler because we do not need to
retry, and it also solves the problem of those that prefer the IPL
approach (just make "a.meta" to load "a"). Less policy, more
flexibility.

-- Roberto