Thanks for the pointer , i'll have a dig and see if its enlightening for me;)

cheers

Martin

whisper@oz.net wrote:

Martin Slater wrote:

Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this? Believe me I have tried but there is very little information in the list archives of setting the environment that I can find. Or is this discussed in PiL book as i'll quite happily buy it if it explains what I need;)

thanks

Martin

Martin Slater wrote:

There is some discussion of controlling environtments in the PiL book! IIRC, the global environtment is known as _G and one can save it and/or make copies of it and/or make a new _G to pass to a new ?process?. Chapter 14 is all about the environment and playing with it!

Pil book is online at http://www.lua.org/pil/ but having a paper copy is very handy! Mine is a bit dog-eared from use.

HTH...

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA