Hi,

I have implimented this now. Can this be documented somewhere ?
I will donate the "C" code fragment that does the package.preload
initialization.

I think the best place to document this would be the Wiki. I will write
about it when I am done with the LuaSocket documentation updates.

I still believe it's asking for trouble if two different files import into the same namespace.

Why is that? I think it is perfectly natural if you want to replace or extend the functionality provided by another package. The fact that both files are part of the same toolkit makes it even
safer. :)

[]s,
Diego.