Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
I recently asked a question about a feature I would like to see in Lua - from one of the patches I came across. But I got no reply to that message. Is this the right list to be posting such things? I looked on the Forums and there didn't seem to be any more appropriate place there.

Yes, it is the right forum. It brings suggestions into the open and they
get archived. I assure you that the Lua team looks at all suggestions.
We may not answer all of them, but that does not mean they are overlooked
or dismissed.

As to including a feature in 5.1, it's unlikely at this stage. We're
getting ready for the alpha stage (though there'll probably be one last
work version before that).

Ok, thanks. I will add my changes to the 5.1 source then. Would it be useful to produce patches and submit them when I do this? Also, how soon do you think the alpha will be out? It would be nice to patch there to avoid too much rework as diffs come out.

--
chris marrin                ,""$,
chris@marrin.com          b`    $                             ,,.