[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Continuiing problems with LuaSocket-2.0b3 and Lua-5.1w5
- From: whisper@...
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:51:57 -0700
I have read the emails I was directed to and made the changes to remove
compat-5.1.c from the build, but things are still not working!
* I removed compat-5.1.c from the build.
* Removed #include compat-5.1.h from 2 places (luasocket and mime)
* Changed luaL_module to luaL_openlib in 2 places
* Rebuilt and got warmings (luasocket) and a clean build. "release"
build (not debug)
lsocket.dll - 64kb
lmime.dll - 48kb
I modified the default paths in lua-5.1w5/src/luaconf.h to something
reasonable for my platform and install location.
(LuaSocket *.lua files)
I added a statement to print package.path and package.cpath at the top
Here's the result:
lua: testsrvr.lua:2: package `socket' not found
[C]: in function `require'
testsrvr.lua:2: in main chunk
As near as I can tell, the path "e:\lua-5.1w5\lua\?\*.lua" will point to
socket.lua and the cpath "e:\lua-5.1w5\dll\?.dll" will point to
lsocket.dll and lmime.dll. (BTW, "lua.exe" does work using this path
So, what's wrong?
testsrvr.lua looks like this:
socket = require("socket");
host = host or "localhost";
port = port or "8383";
server = assert(socket.bind(host, port));
ack = "\n";
while 1 do
print("server: waiting for client connection...");
control = assert(server:accept());
while 1 do
command = assert(control:receive());
Hope someone can shed some light on this - I'm completely lost!
Seattle, WA USA