Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but do any readers of this list know of good books and resources for game engine design -- especially with a focus on scripting integration?  I've noticed many contributors to the this are working on game design.

I saw an announcement for Lua Game Programming.  This might be exactly what I want, but it is not do out for several months (and seems to be slipping schedule).

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.