> I tend to agree. But this won't integrate well with luathreads where
> of course every native thread has its own C stack. It gets even more
> complicated when native threads are mixed with coroutines.

One solution would be to add a separate global counter for nested
resumes. But then the limits of maximum resumes and maximum C calls
would have to be such that their product does not overflow the stack.

(Actually the problem is worse.  Now that the parser is reentrant, the
recursion in the parser should also count...)

-- Roberto