> So, another poll: in Unix systems, should the standard makefile
> create static libraries (.a)? Does anyone still needs the standard
> liblua.a/liblualib.a files? Maybe the standard makefile could create
> only the 'lua' executable...

I have been using Lua for years, mostly for configuration and logic
(and for computing the orbits of Moons, among other things :) )

I am in favor of keeping the static libraries. They make life
simpler, at least for me. I do not have to fool around much with
makefiles, paths etc.

Please keep Lua simple and easy to use for lazy people like me.

Ferenc Varadi