From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br]On Behalf Of Jason Murdick
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:07 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Hello World

In Lua 5.0 lua_open does not take any arguments.  That was changed
from Lua 4.x in which lua_open did.

- Jason

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:40:46 +0100, Wolfgang Bujatti
<wolfgang.bujatti@chello.at> wrote:
Hi,

I really cannot get my Lua up and running.
Using Dev-C++ (MinGW) with the prepared devpacks of Lua 5.0 and a standard
ANSI C file (have also LuaPlus, but even more errors).

#include <stdio.h>
#include <lua.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[ ])
{
 lua_State* luaVM = lua_open(0);

 if (NULL == luaVM)
 {
    printf("Error Initializing lua\n");
    return -1;
 }

 // Do stuff with lua code.

 lua_close( luaVM );

 return 0;
}

I get the error: too many arguments in function 'lua open'

Can anyone help me getting this up and running or supply me with a simple
hello world program.

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang