On Mar 12, 2005, at 01:28, Rici Lake wrote:

Presumably, it's not exactly like that since that function will always return false, barring some chicancery with the implementation of anObject.prefix().

That was a typo :)

If I were to speculate, which I have to in the absence of actual details,

This actually happen in the sort method of my list object:

http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/file/lu/LUList.lua

If no comparator is explicitly provided, the list lookup one by asking its first value for a comparator function.

I would guess that you misspelled the name of the comparator function, thereby passing table.sort nil as its second argument which indicates the default comparator, <. < doesn't work on tables:

There was indeed another typo in the method used to lookup the relevant comparator. Damn globals :P

Thanks!

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay