On Monday 28 February 2005 20.57, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> hypothetically, in a language without 'local' declaration, any typo
> would automatically launch a new variable and that would be very
> hard to track.  sorry, not for my taste. :)

...except when variables are considered uninitialized until anssigned
to the first time. Then you get a compile time error when reading a
"typo variable". Doesn't catch assignment to "typo variables",
though...

Either way, that requires quite a bit of logic behind the scenes - and
then you get funny errors like "Reading uninitialized variable!" when
you misspell function names. :-)

(That can probably be dealt with, though. This gives me an idea...
*off to hack*)