On Wednesday 23 February 2005 22.27, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
wrote:
> For those interested in the internals of Lua, a paper on the
> implementation of Lua 5.0 is now available at
>  http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/doc/sblp2005.pdf
>
> This paper has been submitted to the IX Brazilian Symposium on
> Programming Languages.
>
> Enjoy. Comments welcome.

Very interesting read!

Now I feel a lot better about starting out with a register based VM
and a hand coded parser for EEL, despite all the extra work. ;-)

(Ok, I wasn't plain guessing when I made those decisions, but most
papers I've seen on stack vs register based VMs and the like are
mostly theoretical, or based on prototype/proof-of-concept
implementations. I've relied mostly on my own general programming
experience and common sense for the details.)