On Feb 11, 2005, at 13:43, Javier Guerra wrote:

OTOH, as Luiz suggests, the HTTP part of a server isn't the most
time-sensitive part, and writing it totally in Lua is very effective.

Well, yes and no. LuaSocket does the blunt of the work thanks to its select() function. With something like LibHTTPD, you even don't need a Lua dispatcher of any kind as the embedding library takes care of the run loop itself. Less is more :)

In any case, I'm looking forward to play with luahddpd and Xavante. Once I figure out how to use LuaSocket with 5.1 that is :P

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/