Hello,

I'm working on my first Lua application, tentatively named "LUPad". In a nutshell, LUPad is a diminutive, web based, notepad of sort.

I would like to support some form of text-to-HTML syntax. My current choice is John Gruber's Markdown:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

It has a very email'ish syntax which I find attractive in its simplicity:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/basics
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

You can experiment with it online:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus

Here is John Gruber's original perl implementation:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/downloads/Markdown_1.0.1.zip

Another implementation in PHP:

http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/
http://www.michelf.com/docs/projets/php-markdown-1.0.1.zip

And yet another implementation in Ruby:

http://bluecloth.rubyforge.org/
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/1278/BlueCloth-1.0.0.tar.gz

Unfortunatelly... the mere mention of anything vaguely related to "regex" gives my an incurable headache :P

Does anyone know of a Markdown processor in Lua?

If not, would anyone like to write one in Lua? :)

Thanks!

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay