Hallo,

Michael Newberry wrote:

Yes, I understand that lua_pushstring() has no effect here. Although the second value was discarded, isn't sOldTitle just referencing the memory location of the returned value of the function SetTitle() ? That is what I was attempting to describe in the first message.

Everytime you call lua_pushstring() a new string is pushed onto the stack. This new string has a different address than the previous ones (unless garbage collection ocurred, but sOldTitle would have to be set to nil to allow the collection of the previous string). So no, the memory location pointed to by sOldTitle isn't overwritten with new strings.
    Can we see g_LuaScript.SetTitle() code?

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/