All,

My first email to this list.

We are investigating using Lua as an embedded language for a low resource device.  The latest release of Lua builds the lib to about 215k for this platform (100k or so for Windows – but this is not Windows).  Too large I’m afraid.

What options do we have to reduce the size of the Lua.  We do not need many of the newish language features.  I notice a steady progression of complexity since the earlier releases (Coroutines and such).  Can we remove them?

How can we make Lua much smaller?

Many thanks.

Greg.