Hi,

John Skaller wrote:
> There's also a solution for Python (Stackless Python),
> maybe it is worth looking at that (since it's also
> a bytecode interpreter).

Stackless Python does stack ripping for many core functions plus C stack
copying (a bit more portable than C stack switching, but slower). Ruby does
stack copying, too.

Alas, stack copying is problematic for Lua since we cannot assume an even
C stack base for the caller of lua_resume(). This could be solved by
hardwiring a scheduler into the core. But I do not think this is the way
to go for Lua.

Bye,
     Mike