>>> paul-lua@malete.org 01/20/05 01:37PM >>>
>Since reflection is mostly used in environments which are rather
bloated
>anyway, IMHO it would be ok to use rather expensive and semi-external
>means like debug extensions -- no need to clutter a generic object
model
>just to enable reflection.

Fair enough - it doesn't need to be performance-critical.

But if I'm a class browser and there's no
convention, then I'm reduced to looking inside every
table to see if they contain functions, or have
metatables.  Could be done, will be expensive;
probably not possible to deduce inheritance
relationships.

steve d.