On Monday 17 January 2005 16:03, Jamie Webb wrote:
> That seems like a pretty legitimate use (and the only one
> I've noticed) but as usual it's only because Java is so braindead.

It's a very backward way to have the thingy kind of declared,
just because it needs to be declared.
Consequently, you see dummy implementations of such methods throw
UnsupportedOperationException or the like as in non-modifiable iterators,
as to showcase how futile the whole we-force-you-to-do-it-right approach is.

Thank PUC we don't have headaches like these ...

cheers