> Could be. Can you try with new alpha release?
> So far, I have been the only one that managed
> to compile it. :)

Not true...I asked for a "Pre-Christmas peek" at 1.1 alpha and you kindly
let me download it. I can hardly be said to have tested it, but I
certainly compiled it (on Win32 using MinGW and on Linux) without the
slightest difficulty and then used it as the basis of a "summer holiday
experiment" in which I wrote a module called tcpserver (modelled very
loosely after Python's threading TCP server module) which I then used to
write a small SMTP server, for reasons too complex to explain here.

(I'm not much of a beach monkey so it seemed a good way to stay out
of the UV and away from the pub over the break.)

PS: don't get excited by my tcpserver. It's a mere 89 lines of Lua and not
exactly sophisticated. But it has the featurettes I need, except that it
doesn't use sockey.try/socket.protect very well, or indeed at all. Yet.