I think Lua "extended instructions" ala MMX could eventually be there, but this is building on somewhat futuristic ideas (reprogrammable FPGA as a coprocessor) only now beginning to surface on the market.

Anyhow, my initial post was not about this, but simply a traditional I-don't-care-which-cpu gadget, that'd be software-wise set up to run Lua applications well. Or, even to run them exclusively.

-ak