LuaCheia and LuaX both use essentially the same Lua5 SDL binding (by me). LuaX has the most recent version.

If bloat is negative to you (it's relational, anyway), grab LuaX and throw out any Modules/* subdirectory you're not interested in. The build process will autodetect this, and only build the modules you left there (minimal: keep at least Sys and SDL).

-ak