Hi

On Friday 10 December 2004 22:55, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> Thanks for a very thorough analysis, but what exactly was the
> problem..?  ;P
d'accord

>From ol' xmkmf up to Java's ant disaster, I see gross failures
due to misconceptions and lack of a clear, limited objective
(which is very un-lua :). Make's limitations are not a bug.

Given simple editable files with a set of variables,
"make config", "make menuconfig" or even "make guessconfig"
might be nice goodies for a quick start,
but no build must anyhow rely on such toolies.

cheers