[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Lua5.1-work3 loadlib cleanups (UPDATE)
- From: Adrián Pérez <copylight@...>
- Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:02:41 +0100
El 08/12/2004, a las 9:23, Mike Pall escribió:
- Change registerlib() to take a memory pointer and a size argument.
A single boxed pointer does not suffice for the Mac OS X (un)loader.
- Pass back a pointer to the copied memory area to freelib().
One of the comments in from "loadlib.c" in lua-5.0.2 in the LuaCheia
/* According to Apple's documentation, we can destroy the object image
* after linking it: although we instruct Dyld to do that, Dyld will
* keep it in memory as long as it is linked in the executable (i.e:
* until NSUnLinkModule() is called)
(This came up when Apple released full documentation for Dyld when
Panther was released).
So, you could implement loadlib() and freelib() with only a single
1. image = NSCreateObjectFileImageFromPath()
2. module = NSLinkModule(image)
1. Just NSUnlinkModule(module)
The module won't be unloaded until you call NSUnlinkModule(module).
Hope this little comment will simplify things a bit. Cheers,
Description: Mensaje firmado digitalmente