Hi David,

Thanks for the link.
I was wondering about zlib1.dll today (luazip uses it).

I don't agree 100% with his arguments not to use MSVCR71.DLL. He says that
"although it is available for free download and distribution, its presence
is scarce on today's Win32 installations".
But as microsoft says in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326922
"MSVCR71.DLL is no longer considered a system file", as such, it must be
distributed with the application.

What do you think about this? Should I go back to Visual C++ 6.0 and
compile all kepler libraries with MSVCRT.DLL?

Danilo

David Burgess said:
> On msvcr71.dll see
>
> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/DLL_FAQ.txt
>
> This explains their reasons for using msvccrt.dll with VC7.
>

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:04:08 -0300, Danilo Tuler <tuler@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> > You can do this if the module that is dynamically linked to
>> > lua.dll uses a dynamically linked runtime, and your app (with the
statically linked Lua) does the same thing. In this case