> Lua 5.1 (work3) is now available for testing at

Quick question concerning luaconf.h: why is lua_Integer now set to
ptrdiff_t -- and before LUA_INT32 -- instead of long? On a C99 compliant
machine, lua_number2int uses lrint that returns long. Also, without C99
compliance, why cast to int instead of lua_Integer or LUA_INT32?

I'm probably missing something here, but I was glad to see lua_Integer
set to long as it is Fortran's standard for integers and I'm currently
using some Fortran libraries (you will probably see the result in a few
months :)).

Cheers,
Luis.

--
A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
        -- P. Erdos

--
Luis Carvalho
Applied Math PhD Student - Brown University