On 30-Nov-04, at 9:50 PM, Mike Ferenduros wrote:

You'd also want to prevent malicious scripts from eating all available memory. Incidentally, is this for a particular application? Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that would use an untrusted config file.

From a Quake3 config file:

unbindall
bind TAB "+scores"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind ESCAPE "togglemenu"
bind SPACE "+moveup"
seta cm_playerCurveClip "1"
seta cg_trueLightning "0.0"
seta cg_oldPlasma "1"
seta cg_oldRocket "1"
...etc..

Most definitely it is untrusted, even though the quake config file is a script it is impossible to cause it to hang...

jeff

--
Jeff Koftinoff <jeffk@jdkoftinoff.com>
www.jdkoftinoff.com