On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 21:03 -0500, Javier Guerra wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 1:04 pm, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> > There is Aranha at http://aranha.pepperfish.net/
> i'm currently checking it.  still not sure how it works, but so far looks more
> like what i'd want.

If you want more samples; let me know

> > It's currently being rewritten from the ground-up but it does work well
> what are the main goals of the rewrite? just code cleaning and update? or the
> dynamic process manager mentioned on the webpage?

Lua 5.1, allowing for the dynamic process manager, Better class support
from the ground up, cleaner code. There are many things which will be
better in the new Aranha.

> and about the several-workers model... can different workers get the same
> persistent objects? or is there any affinity management?

The new aranha will allow object sharing via the cache. Currently if I
want to share data across HTTP requests I either serialise it into form
variables or I use a database session manager.

I have placed a copy of the session manager module at
http://users.pepperfish.net/dsilvers/util.session/ for you to look at.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895