On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 12:58 -0500, Javier Guerra wrote:
> Several times before, i've thought of modifying the FastCGI version of PHP to
> allow for persistent processes.  I think this is the only real advantage of
> Java (J2EE, etc) over PHP.  So now i think it's a great opportunity to do it
> with Lua instead of PHP.

There is Aranha at http://aranha.pepperfish.net/

It's currently being rewritten from the ground-up but it does work well
and is in use on many sites including http://www.pepperfish.net/
http://www.digital-scurf.org/ and http://www.simtec.co.uk/

I wrote most of Aranha and am happy to answer questions.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895