On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:12:34AM -0500, Michael Bernstein wrote:

> I'm sure that someone somewhere can think up a use for it.

Oh, you mean that the old scope is still accessible by some means?

I assumed that it wasn't, since any closure defined within the lost
scope will isolate off any references to the old variable so that
continuations will never access it despite using the same name.  And
you can't create a coroutine to access a pre-redefinition exclosing
scope without creating a closure to it either (afaics).

I wouldn't want to close off any possible uses, but if the old scope
is inaccessible then this feature provides pure pain with no gain.

Rich Artym.
--
Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like