On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:49:59PM -0800, Nick Trout wrote:

> <<<a broken thread>>>

Nick, is there no way in which you can configure your mail client to
preserve message threading?  I imagine that you're not using message
threading yourself or you'd have noticed the problem, but if you look
at the lists through Gmane's front end at:

         http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general

then the problem will become visible to you too.  Eg. your client broke
the message threading on this thread three times, and it's breaking up
the threading throughout all the Lua archives continually because you're
such a high-volume poster.  That's making the archives less useful than
they might be for everyone that's using the threading for continuity.

There's usually a way, with even the most recalcitrant of mail clients!

It would help a lot of people I imagine, myself included. :-)

Rich Artym.
--
Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like