This is interesting because remembers the norm symbol of vectors but
doesn´t look clean for the other types.

Why not introduce a new unary operator called 'sizeof' ?

If Lua is supposed to be a intuitive language what is a better
operator to return the size of the type than 'sizeof' ?

We have a lot of written operators like "and", "or" and "not" to avoid
the use of cryptic symbols. I think typing one character or six isn´t
the problem because the programmer is supposed to be  thinking most of
time than typing the code.

I think a metatable event like __sizeof will be useful too.